Sunday, October 5, 2008

...to oneiro p xa8ike...(1)

Egra4a ton semptevri tou 2005 ta akolou8a...

My future depends on this year... I'm sure! I am not going to succeed and my dream will end! Despite that, I will fight! I'll give all of myselft to get the grades I need to get into the university! It will be hard, very hard.. I know there will be nights that I won't sleep, nights that I will wet my pillow with my tears. There will be days that my powers will abandon me, but I'll try.... I set my goal : PHYSICS IN ATHENS! I will try! I will try hard... Really hard... Even if at the end I won't fullfil my target I will be proud because I've tried! I will be proud because the end of the road is not as important as the journey till the end. As Konstandinos Kavafis said:
Always keep Ithaca fixed in your mind
To arrive this is your ultimate goal.
Bud do not hurry the voyage at all
It is better to let it last for long years;
and even to anchor at the isle when you are old
rich with all that you have gained on the way
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches.
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage
Without her you would never have taken the road...
But she has nothing more to give you
And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not defrauded you.
With the great wisdom you have gained, with so much experience,
you surely have understood by then what Ithaca means.

No comments: